ACER produces the only official STAT test preparation materials. There are currently two types of preparation materials available: an automatic scoring service for Written English and two publications in the form of e-books.
To purchase practice tests you must first create an ACER User Account.
Automatic scoring for STAT Written English:
Candidates are able to submit two essays addressing two specific prompts. The essays are automatically scored. A percentile band and a score range are provided to you immediately on submission of both essays. Please note, detailed feedback and critiquing of your writing is not provided.
To enable automatic scoring several hundred responses to the prompts were marked using a criterion-referenced analytical marking guide. Responses were hand marked (double marked and adjudicated where necessary) using the STAT marking guide. The scores were Rasch analysed and a measurement scale was calibrated. Finally, the scores were loaded to the automatic marking system to create a computer model that replicates manual scoring and can ‘mimic’ the way markers assign scores.
STAT Multiple Choice Practice Test 1 and 2:
- Contain questions with similar difficulty levels as the real test
- Downloadable e-booklets (watermarked with your name & email address)
- Different questions to those in the free STAT Candidate Information Booklet
- You may print each booklet up to 2 times
- Unlimited access onscreen for one year from date of purchase
- No circulation of these booklets is permitted
STAT Practice Test 1 (AUD$30.00)
- 70 multiple-choice questions
- Answers and explanations of worked examples are provided
- Sample essay prompts for the STAT Written English test are also included
STAT Practice Test 2 (AUD$20.00)
- 35 multiple-choice questions
- Answers provided.
STAT Written English Practice Test (AUD$30.00)
- 2 essays written online
- Instant scoring
Please note: except as otherwise required by law, no refunds will be given for the purchase of any STAT preparation materials.
Any questions about your order should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The STAT Candidate Information Booklet and the STAT Practice Test booklets provide the only source of practice questions available for STAT.
Past test papers are not released.